Monday, November 22, 2010

Closet Aside : Autumn in a muffin

So not quite what you were thinking of but I have no photog tonight and trust me the auto-portrait skillz are bad (in the regular bad way). So to distract I want to share my favourite autumn recipe. It's adapted from a friend's recipe for which I do not have the source for, original ingredients and measurements in ().

apple walnut muffins

DSC_9158

3/4 cup multigrain (whole wheat) flour
1/2 cup all-purpose (spelt) flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
3/4 cup (1 cup) brown sugar
1/2 cup (plus 3 tbsps vegetable oil)
1 1/4 (1) cup applesauce
(1 cup pecans or walnuts) I top each muffin with a walnut half

(Heat oven to 400F.) I've used this temp but did 350F for 25 min.

Stir together flours, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Whisk together eggs and brown sugar until well combined, then add oil, a littel at a time, whisking until mixture is creamy. Stir in applesauce, then fold in flour mixture until flour is just moistened. Do not overmix. Stir in nuts.

Bake ~20 minutes.

As you can tell I try to healtherize them I even added a couple tablespoonfuls of bran. I love them for a quick breakfast.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I can vouch for them, these are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ya, I am a new follower and also a 30 for 30 mixer!! you have some really great outfits.. love you hat!! I wish I could wear hats, look like a dork in them (in my opinion! :) anyway, am always looking for new fashion ideas so look forward to seeing what else you have up your sleeve for the rest of the challenge!!

    cheers,Jodi

    ReplyDelete