Sunday, April 3, 2011

Miscellaneous outfits and a recipe

Yes I have been neglecting in a major way, but now that the weather is getting better and I can have my pick of footwear, I will be much more motivated to put together cute outfits to show you! Also, since I am on a shopping ban, you can actually see what is IN my closet!

Just to whet your appetite, here is my outfit for sugaring off. We chose this lovely cabane à sucre which was wonderfully quaint, baked it's own bread as well as sugar pies and had a cute mini village.

IMG_0020

Coat Michael by Michael Kors; shirt J. Crew; jeans Rock&Republic; hubby's belt Club Monaco; boots Winners; mittens and purse FCUK.

Also, I got around to wearing one of my recent purchases and here was the result. Forgive the awkward pose and dorky smile.

DSC_9629

Top Gap; skirt Gap; necklace Banana Republic; shoes Zara.

And last night we had an amazing steak dinner (thanks Cosco!) and my scalloped potatoes came out perfect so I thought I'd share.

DSC_9643

Thanks Em('s mom) for sharing this recipe (link is above). I made a 'low fat' version by substituting 5% light cream (the mixture of heavy cream and milk would be like using American half and half or 18%) and I topped with some cheese instead of butter.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, glad the potatoes were good. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pop of the red belt and the new Gap clothes look good!

    ReplyDelete